It is STYLISH to Share!

Thursday, August 14, 2008

eBay....One Man's Junk is Another's Treasure

Hey Good People!


Have you ever bought something on eBay? Sold anything? I have done both, but I have found the selling part to be exciting and quite frankly...COST EFFECTIVE!!!

The old saying is 'one man's junk is another man's treasure'...well that definitely applies to me, somewhat. First off, I don't own junk...I just have items I don't use from re-used gifts that my friends give me, trinkets I received over the years from attending black-tie events, to... well ok you got me...a little bit of junk (but not much!).

I moved to New York nearly two years ago. I packed my stuff up from New Jersey in 2006 and just shoved it into the attic of my new house. I mean, boxes of stuff! Just the other day, something very small set off the eBay selling frenzy. I was looking for one of my favorite nail polishes Photo - Op by Essie. I went through a box labeled beauty stuff. You would think I put it in that box....WRONG! I looked through another box...the other beauty box...no show.

However, what I did find were several unopened movies, brand new books, appliances, shoes, games, jewelry, unused Proactiv products....and the list can go on and on. Instead of dumping this stuff when I was in New Jersey, I just packed it up and found the stuff a new home.

But not anymore! I put it on eBay. I listed 19 items as a test of the market and sold 15 items...total sales? $377.63. Yes, the items sold to bidders in the US and overseas. I sent items to Virginia, Maryland, South AND Sweden and Japan!

I sold these new shoes. Took the picture with my camera phone. Very Simple!
Go figure. Imagine, a cash cow sitting in my closet living rent free. Times are hard out there....I can buy some gas for the next month and possibly some milk!

I have some more items to put on eBay, I just have to organize it so I am not making trips to the post office everyday! You should try it. There are people out there that want your treasures.

I am addicted (well my addiction will only last for the next few weeks....just until I rack up some other stuff!).

Go ahead and try it....Sell you treasures victoriously! I don't mind sharing this info...get the cow out of your closet!

Enjoy.