It is STYLISH to Share!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Breeze of Summer is HOT!

Greetings good people!

I had the wonderful opportunity to attend the opening night of "The First Breeze of Summer" at the Signature Theatre in NYC. I told you about it in an earlier post. There were a number of people there including Star Jones (seated behind me to my left) and Lynne Whitfield was seated right next to me! George C. Wolfe was there and so was Lou Meyers - affectionately known as Mr. Gaines from a Different World.

I must tell you, you have to see it. The show has been extended for another week, until October 5th, 2008. Not just because my friends are in it - Crystal, Brandon and Jason - but because this play is in short, GREAT! A memorable piece by award winning playwright, Leslie Lee, a wonderful cast and a fabulous director. You know a performance is great when you can share with the characters all of their emotions - joy, happiness, sadness sorrow and just a plain ole, 'damn, that's tough'.


The cast of "The First Breeze of Summer"

It was great to see be in the presence of Ruben Santiago-Hudson, Leslie Uggams, YaYa DaCosta, Brandon, Jason and Crystal - a wonderful mix of legacy and the future. I am so proud of my people! You should see this play too and I assure you that you will be happy that you did.


Need tickets? Click here.

Check out the story about Brandon and Jason

Me and Crystal, Opening Night After Party, NYC